In less than 24 hours, I will be attending the wedding of a cousin of mine. Yesterday, I tried to make banana bread. The result was unsuccessful, but still quite delicious. I’ve made notes about what I did wrong, and I’m going to try again.
I’m a member of the “Boycott Autism Speaks” group on Facebook. If you want to know why autistics would boycott an organisation that supposedly fights for them, it’s because Autism Speaks narrative is one of “autistics’ lives are unmitigated tragedy”.
So this is my little response. I’m going to try put it on a poster and take a picture.
Autism Speaks will tell you that my life is a tragedy.
- I have a driver’s license and a car.
- I live independently and can cook and clean.
- I’ve been working as a Software Test Analyst for over ten years now.
- I go to the Cinema regularly.
- I work out at gym often.
- I surf the internet and blog.
My life is not a tragedy.